Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Update on me - We need prayers!

For all of you who have or haven't heard, my Grandmother, Faith South, which would be my mother's mom...Monday morning had an anurism (sorry don't know how to spell) in her head that pushed her brain over to the left side of her head and disconnected her brain stem. The damage is terminal. She is only 71 years old. Chris, Claire and myself flew down here to be with my family during her last few days. So we have shut off her lifesupport and it is only a matter of time. She is on morphine to help with the pain. My grandfather is not handleing the situation well at all and neither is my mother. She is trying to be as strong as she can but it is hard to see your mother/grandmother lying there waiting to tranisition on with the Lord. So as of right now, her bloood pressure has dropped from 188/95 to 121/60 and her kidneys are shut down. The doctor said it is only a matter of moments and should happen this evening or morning. They said that they could do surgery to relieve some pressure and she would live but in a vegitative state. SHe did not want that per her living will so no surgery. If anyone out there reading this has any explanation for why this happened or any miracle that they can try out that may save her life, let me know. If anyone knows what will happen next let me know. I feel lost and I haven't the words to explain how I feel. I cannot believe that she was so healthy and all of a sudden, she is terminal. WTF? I feel like to whole situation is nothing but an unanswered disaster! So Please pray for my family, if you wish to pray for a miracle or her to transition on with the Lord or my mother or whatever...just pray! He is listening, sometimes he just doesn't respond the way we want... I will post more later...

Jessica Collins

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jess!! My thoughts are prayers are with you. I remember G-Ma Faith and our trip we took down there. WE had a good ole time mixing up those cocktails!
Take Care and I'm thinking of you!

Love Samee

Laura said...

JESSICA,
I'M SO SORRY THAT THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOUR FAMILY. AS AN INTENSIVE CARE NURSE, I DEAL WITH THESE UNFORTUNATE SITUATIONS FREQUENTLY, BUT FROM THE OTHER SIDE. MORE THAN LIKELY WHAT CAUSED THIS IS A WEAK SPOT IN AN ARTERY IN HER BRAIN (ANURYSM) IN COMBINATION WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. UNFORTUNATLY THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS LETHAL WHEN AFFECTING SO MUCH OF THE BRAIN. I AM SO SORRY. I COMMEND YOUR FAMILY FOR FOLLOWING YOUR GRANDMA'S WISHES. I KNOW THIS MAY BE TOO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT RIGHT NOW, BUT HAVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THOUGHT ABOUT ORGAN DONATION? A MIRACLE COULD COME FOR SOMEONE ELSE THAT IS IN GREAT NEED. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!
LAURA LIVINGSTON