Monday, February 9, 2009

Emergency Room Visit!

Last night Claire and I were playing in the living room and all of a sudden she started screaming that her wrist hurt, so I stopped and got her some ice to take care of it and she persisted with the screaming. I thought it would stop and it didn't. She kept going and going and going and Chris had to leave for work so I had no help from him. Finally I called the inlaws and they came over and she really went to screaming! She was holding her arm and everything else! It was a terrible feeling thinking that I broke her wrist.

SOOO we get to the ER and she is still holding her arm and the whole bit! They said they were going to take xrays and of course questioning me the whole time...what happened and the hole bit! I felt like I was being put through the system! I though for sure a counselor or something was going to be coming in and taking my kid away! So anyway, we get ready to go for xray and all of a sudden Claire puts her arms up on the air and we looked at her a little puzzled. I asked her if her arm still hurt and she said NOOOO. I was so embarressed...mortified...whatever it is you call it.

What a drama queen. I think she might of hurt it but definatley put on a show. I felt humiliated and couldn't believe she carried on this behavior for over 4 hours. WOW. What an actress!!! She could definatley won an award for the performance! I was impressed! So they decided that she did have an ear infection though! And to top it all off, I missed the grammies...if anyone recorded it and wants to loan it to me that would be amazing!

So we go in the e.r. with what we thught was a broken wrist and we walk out with an ear infections and amoxicillin! UNBELIEVABLE!

But...better safe than sorry because when do you know if a 2year old really is hurt or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness!!! Sounds like quite the night!!! I REALLY enjoyed our visit yesterday! WE need to get together more often with our little ones!!! Love Ya!